2016-Present Member of the Graduate Group in Ecology at UC Davis
- Dissertation committee member for two PhD students
2013–Present Lecturer/Educator, Population Health and Reproduction, University of California, Davis, USA.
- Thesis and Dissertation adviser for undergraduate and graduate students.
2014–2016 Lecturer, Biological Sciences, California State University, Sacramento, USA.
- Biology 168: Mammalogy (undergraduate; lecture, lab, and field course)
- Biology 178: Molecular Ecology (undergraduate; lecture, lab, and capstone project)
- Biology 188: Evolution (undergraduate; lecture)
- Biology 283: Biogeography (graduate; lecture and discussion group)
2009–2013 Guest Lecturer, University of California at Davis. Ecology 208: Issues in Conservation Biology (graduate). “Molecular Methods in Conservation Biology”.
2008–2009 Guest Lecturer: University of California at Davis. Wildlife Fisheries and Conservation Biology 154: Conservation Biology (undergraduate). “Biology of Small Populations – Genetics”, “The Biogeography of the North American red fox”.
2008 Guest Lecturer: California State University, Sacramento, USA. Biology 168: Mammalogy. “The Biogeography of the North American red fox”. 2008.
2003–2005 Lecturer and Course Writer, Waterford Institute of Technology. 2nd year forestry students: Forestry and the Environment.
2004–2005 Laboratory Instructor, Waterford Institute of Technology. Biology.
2003–2004 Lecturer and Course Writer, Waterford Institute of Technology. Computer Applications in Science.
TRAINING AND SUPERVISION
2018-Present Graduate Student Advisor. Cody Aylward MS.
2016 Major Adviser. Luis Hernandez BS. University of California, Davis, USA
2011-2014 Masters of Science Thesis Committee Member. Logan Volkmann, Simon Fraser University, British Columbia, Canada. Thesis title: Building a better ark: theoretical and analytical approaches for managing species at the population level.
- 2020 Savanah Bird BS, laboratory assistant
- 2016-2020 Susan Fresquez BS, laboratory and field assistant
- 2013–2015 Luis Hernandez BS, laboratory and field assistant
UNDERGRADUATE PROJECT SUPERVISION
2018–2019 Final Practicum Mentor. Jazmine Camacho Servin, Animal Biology, UC Davis.
- Project title: Comparison of survey methods for the blunt-nosed leopard lizard of the San Joaquin Valley.
2016–2017 Final Practicum Mentor. Lexi Mendoza, UC Davis.
- Project title: Microsatellite primer and multiplex development for the endangered Reithrodontomys raviventris and R. megalotis in the San Francisco Bay Area salt marshes.
2014-2015 Capstone Project Supervisor. California State University, Sacramento, USA.
- Sixteen laboratory group projects conducted within Molecular Ecology (Bio-178). Resulting in poster presentations and mock funding proposals based on preliminary data.
2014 Final Practicum Adviser. Susan Fresquez, UC Davis.
- Project title: Mitochondrial DNA analysis of the giant kangaroo rat (Dipodomys ingens) throughout the northern portion of the range.
2013–2014 Thesis Adviser. Natalie Goddard, UC Davis.
- Project title: Population Genetic Structure of the California Gray Fox (Urocyon cinereoargenteus).
2004–2005 Project Supervisor. Brian Murphy, Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland.
- Project title: Amplification of the zfx and zfy genes for the sex identification in Badgers in the South East of Ireland.
2004–2005 Project Supervisor. Laura O’Connor, Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland.
- Project title: Genetic Analysis of Animal Hair samples by DNA Extraction, PCR and Electrophoresis.
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT TRAINING AND SUPERVISION (UC Davis)
2008-2015 I trained and supervised 13 Wildlife Genetic Interns for at least a year each.